ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (14/27) > >>

algy:
I use Control Runner which is simple to set up and easy to use though it hasn't been updated for a couple of years. Before that TrueLaunchBar which is quite complex to set up; also tried ObjectDock which looks good.

rjbull:
I mostly use PowerPro because it's the only one I know. FARR sounds like its worth a look since so many of you use it. PowerPro is cool because it is so configurable and yet easy to use.
-pmcg (September 26, 2007, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

PowerPro has a FARR-style "Run Box Tiny" built into it as shipped, and there's a more powerful version in a script called Advanced Run Box, ARB.  I've briefly tried the latter - and it looks like a whole lot more work than FARR...

GeorgeH:
I like Launchy so I can search for any program without having to wade through the millions of items in my Start menu.  When opening frequently used programs, I am surprised that no one mentioned FSL Launcher .  I like it because it is easy to open it by holding your cursor in a corner of your screen.  It is simple to add tabs and all you have to do to add items is to drag and drop a shortcut from your desktop or start menu.

How do you launch stuff?

edit by jgpaiva: fixing image

pmcg:
Here yah go, Sri. This is the left half of my widescreen. That's the PowerPro toolbar at the top with all those tiny icons. I used Truelaunch for a while, but it irritated me just like Quicklaunch did as it kept popping up when ever my cursor hit the screen side. PowerPro is small enough and out of the way enough so that that doesn't happen.

But PowerPro is not plug and play easy. It took me a little while to configure the placement of the toolbar and to figure out how to get icons on it. There is plenty of documentation, but it's one of those programs that does so much that it takes a while to extract the information you want from the documentation. For someone who loves to fiddle with configuring things though, the payback is well worth it. I think I read at the site that the author was stopping further development of it.

http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

longrun:
I use the Quick Launch toolbar and classic Start Menu in XP and have never found anything to be superior. I think one reason people don't use Quick Launch more is that they place the taskbar at the bottom, where it takes up needed viewing area. Particularly with widescreen monitors (which I detest), there's no reason not to have the taskbar at the right, where Quick Launch is more usable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version