ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (10/27) > >>

Darwin:
Although I would not put every program on my computer in it, what I would like to try is something that operates like the album cover viewer in iTunes.
 (see attachment in previous post)
I would want to be able to spin through it with my mouse wheel and select the application with a click of the scroll wheel. Does anybody know of something like this for MS Windows? Maybe somebody cloned the Apple desktop interface that does something similar.
-tinjaw (September 20, 2007, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is an interesting idea and you'd think would be fairly easy to code - it's like a hybrid between, say, Object Desktop's WindowsFX alt-tab switcher and FARR. They just need a blood test and a licence and they can get married! OK, not that simple...

Laughing Man:
Compiz Fusion has something like that, but for windows (that are already opened) it's called Shift Switcher. Linux only I'm afraid :(. I'd kill for something like that in Windows lol.

But I use FARR for Windows and Alt+F2 and type in what I need for Linux. Or the Terminal, since I can give all my programs keywords or shortcuts to use.

edbro:
Dirhael and edbro - thank you/curse you for introducing me to Dash Command! I can't believe how light this is on resources. I'm used to both FARR and DirectAccess (and ActiveWords and AppRocket) sucking up in excess of 30MB of RAM/VM - Dash is currently using only 5MB RAM and 18MB VM. Impressive.
-Darwin (September 20, 2007, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
It looks like some pretty neat things are coming up for Dash.
- Fuzzy logic matching
- macro like pasting of text
- language translation
- More...

http://www.trydash.com/home/forum/general_discussion/topic-310/page-1/?recent=1377#post-1377

Darwin:
Cool. Thanks for posting that, edbro. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update.

JennyB:
for RL things... I tend to use rocket fuel to launch them;
for software... I use bbLean and the hotkey plugins :]
-scancode (September 19, 2007, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I love bblean's tear-off menus!  :Thmbsup: :-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version