ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (9/27) > >>

sri:
rjbull: Thank you for your advice. PowerPro is :up:

Now to copy, I simply mouse over on the left edge of my screen and to paste, on the right edge! Too cool.

rjbull:
LaunchBar commander is my first choice for "static" things like programmes

I'm trying to get used to FARR, but for the everyday application launching LBC is quicker by far[r] (sorry  :-[)

There's a bit been said about applications that have a key hook, I wonder what the possibility of FARR implementing "universal" ears so that it could use text input from any window not just FARR's??

It certainly would be quicker to just type calc(3*6) somewhere and have another application do the calculation, well that's not too difficult with AHK or AutoIT anyway, but my point is just typing in an application is quicker than going to the toolbar, etc, etc.
-Perry Mowbray (September 19, 2007, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perry Mowbray,

Don't forget that FARR remembers what you've been using, and puts the most recently-used programs first in the list.  You can also weight the scores of different programs/links or whatever to change whether they appear high or low in the list of results.

As for calculations - that's Mouser's fc plugin, that ships with FARR 2.0 Alpha!

edbro:
The other irritant is that ever since I installed Skylight, Dash Command has been broken (the two events may not be related). I've uninstalled both, rebooted and reinstalled Dash... and gone through several uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycles. Nothing helps  >:( I get the following error message every time I try to start it now:

Exception ENotifyIconError in module DashCommand.exe at 000B0B2E.
Failed to set version of notify icon.
--- End quote ---

I click OK and that is that... Right, off to post in the users forum (though if I was smart I'd stay away - I really don't need another launcher...).

EDIT: Looks like edbro had a very similar problem a couple of months ago...
-Darwin (September 20, 2007, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Are you using version 0.94.2? The notify icon problem has been fixed.

I mostly use FARR now but I do fire up Dash every now and then to check for updates.

tinjaw:
Although I would not put every program on my computer in it, what I would like to try is something that operates like the album cover viewer in iTunes.

[attach=#1][/attach]

I would want to be able to spin through it with my mouse wheel and select the application with a click of the scroll wheel. Does anybody know of something like this for MS Windows? Maybe somebody cloned the Apple desktop interface that does something similar.

Darwin:
Hi edbro - no, that's the annoying thing: I'm using the latest build as downloaded about three hours ago. I've posted on the support forum and hope that the developer replies with a suggested solution soon. From the short time that I was able to use Dash, it seems brilliant. Very quick and very light footprint.

EDIT: latest build is 0.94.2 - I have 0.92.5, so it looks like the trial version hasn't been updated. Crap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version