ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (8/27) > >>

Darwin:
Dirhael and edbro - thank you/curse you for introducing me to Dash Command! I can't believe how light this is on resources. I'm used to both FARR and DirectAccess (and ActiveWords and AppRocket) sucking up in excess of 30MB of RAM/VM - Dash is currently using only 5MB RAM and 18MB VM. Impressive.

Has anyone here tried AppRocket's successor - SkyLight? I'm about to download and install it now. It's in development and free at the moment. I'll report back.

PS In the course of all this, I must say that FARR 2 is REALLY impressive. Yes, I know, we all knew that all ready, but it needs to be said. Repeatedly. FARR is REALLY impressive. Mouser, this is incredible!

Darwin:
Yuck. Skylight hogs up to 40% of CPU while indexing and RAM shot up to 110MB and (cue drum roll) VM went to 310MB and STAYED THERE even after indexing had completed. This makes AppRocket look svelte by comparison. Indexing didn't take TOO long but I had to exit to release VM. On restart it hogged a bunch of resources (30% CPU/87MB RAM) while it checked folders for new links and then settled down to a constant 2 - 4% CPU, 13MB RAM and 74MB VM. DA, FARR, and Dash Command are MUCH better behaved, at startup, in operation, and at shudown.

Bye bye Skylight! Well, I guess I should use the Send E-mail to the development team link in the help menu before consigning it to electronic oblivion!

Darwin:
Very nice. It froze when I tried to send a comment (Darwin holds his nose as he evicts Skylight from his computer)...

rjbull:
[16:07] <srikat> In my work, I have to do a lot of copy/paste
[16:07] <srikat> so was wondering if there's an easy way to copy and paste
[16:07] <srikat> like, if I select some content and move my mouse to say left top corner of my screen, it should copy
[16:07] <srikat> right corner top should paste
[16:07] <srikat> is any such program available?
--- End quote ---

Can PowerPro do this?
-sri (September 20, 2007, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

sri,

From PowerPro's Help file:

The *Clip command is used to work with the clipboard. Powerpro has commands to copy text or a file to the clipboard, to copy the clipboard to a file, and to clear the clipboard.
Furthermore, Powerpro has a clipboard history function: it can track text as you Copy it to the clipboard and can subsequently display a list of such text items on a Clip Menu. If you select an item from this menu, the selected item is recopied to the clipboard and optionally pasted. Click here for more details on clipboard history tracking.

The built-in clipboard commands work with the first line of text on the clipboard only.  The clip plugin, described below, can work with the full clipboard.

--- End quote ---

Darwin:
The other irritant is that ever since I installed Skylight, Dash Command has been broken (the two events may not be related). I've uninstalled both, rebooted and reinstalled Dash... and gone through several uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycles. Nothing helps  >:( I get the following error message every time I try to start it now:

Exception ENotifyIconError in module DashCommand.exe at 000B0B2E.
Failed to set version of notify icon.
--- End quote ---

I click OK and that is that... Right, off to post in the users forum (though if I was smart I'd stay away - I really don't need another launcher...).

EDIT: Looks like edbro had a very similar problem a couple of months ago...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version