ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (6/27) > >>

lanux128:
Here's my list, in no particular order..
• Farr
• TrueLaunchBar
• LaunchBar Commander
• custom AHK scripts - see this post by brotherS: Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

I also use this custom-made tool by Skrommel called Text2Shortcut to create *.lnk files based on dir /b command on "Program Files" folder and dump all the created links in a single folder to be referenced by Farr..

Grorgy:
I like the gee whiz neato factor, seems to play a large part in purchasing decisions  :-[

patteo:
I use a combination of

FARR
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/index.html

Slickrun
http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/

They are both amazing programs and free and light on resources.

They both have the ability to remember the most recent programs you want to run. It takes some getting tweaking to really tap the power and that is something that I have not spent enough time as yet.

Don't be put off by the word beta for Slickrun - it's very stable but of course I encourage you to periodically backup your MagicWords that it uses to launch programs, browser, webpages etc.

Perry Mowbray:
LaunchBar commander is my first choice for "static" things like programmes

I'm trying to get used to FARR, but for the everyday application launching LBC is quicker by far[r] (sorry  :-[)

There's a bit been said about applications that have a key hook, I wonder what the possibility of FARR implementing "universal" ears so that it could use text input from any window not just FARR's??

It certainly would be quicker to just type calc(3*6) somewhere and have another application do the calculation, well that's not too difficult with AHK or AutoIT anyway, but my point is just typing in an application is quicker than going to the toolbar, etc, etc.

Nighted:
SLICKRUN!!!!!!! -Nighted (September 19, 2007, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Stable or Beta ?

"floating" - what about showing us a screenshot ??
-Curt (September 19, 2007, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version