ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

A twist of events by Novell in the PC vs. Mac long running war

(1/1)

Lashiec:
So everyone and his/her dog has seen or knows the famous ads that Apple made comparing the PC and the Mac using persons to portrait each computer role. The guys at Novell did their particular take on the ads, introducing Linux, this time portrayed by a girl. You have three short videos, each one focusing on different characteristics of Linux, and making some fun of the competitors as well (everyone receives its share of jokes).

A twist of events by Novell in the PC vs. Mac long running war
Well, if Linux is that sexy, I think I'll change ;). Besides, the jacket that the PC guy wears does not seem nice (at least is not cheesy like the Mac guy shirt ;D)

Darwin:
Very, very funny. I liked these much better than the Mac ads that they are parodying. The satire works better because I think it is more accurate...

mouser:
one unpleasant irony of this commercial though is that if you look at the percentage of female users, linux has to be far far *far* behind windows and apple.

Darwin:
Hadn't thought of that, but it is a very good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version