topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: v1.08.01 - book won't print  (Read 9149 times)

carlov

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.08.01 - book won't print
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:39 AM »
I'm having similar problems as tmccarthy had back in 2006: "Can't print flipbook."  I loaded the software, loaded a video, told the program to do 50 images and hit print.  It printed fine.  Forgot to put crop marks in, checked that box and printed it again.  No problems.  Came back a couple of days later with a new video, checked 40 images, no crop marks as I have the pre-cut biz cards.  No printing.  Hangs up in the printer cue.  It says it was sent, but it doesn't print.  Opened a MS Word document and printed from there, no problem.  Shut down the Flipbook software, opened it back up.  No printing.  Re started the computer.  No printing.  Tried the test page, nope, tried the original video that worked before, no luck, etc.  please help.  It worked great the first time and I'm all set to do more with what appears to be the only tool out there to do this.  Thanks for making it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: v1.08.01 - book won't print
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:44 AM »
check the printer selection dropdown box after your project is loaded, make sure its set to the printer you want. (maybe try another printer if you have another, to see if it's related to that):

Screenshot - 9_18_2007 , 10_40_21 AM.png

carlov

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: v1.08.01 - book won't print - workaround fix
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I really appreciate your quick response.  I had been very careful to make sure the correct printer was selected and had the printer control window open to watch the file get sent to the printer and hang up.  I loaded the software on another computer, same issues with the printer.  I made a small attempt at another printer, a snap shot printer.  It hung up there as well.  Clearly some kind of glitch.  I'm running XP Pro (and Home on the other computer) to a Brother MFC 7220 and an out of date Epson PictureMate printers

HOWEVER,  I figured out a workaround.  As your software prints fine to "fax," I installed a free opensource PDF writer from:

http://www.bullzip.c...roducts/pdf/info.php

I printed the book to PDFs and then printed those fine.  NOTE:  I cannot speak for all PDF writers, but the one I have automatically scales the image to the "print area."  This results in a shrunken printout that does not match the Avery business card template.  This is easily corrected by turning the print scaling to NONE in the print dialog window.

cheers

carlov

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: v1.08.01 - book won't print
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Here's the PDF print dialog box showing what the setting should be.