ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appaholic - Another nice freeware review page

<< < (4/6) > >>

relequestual:
yeh i agree.
most decent apps that allow for their own skin also allow for the system default one to work too. for example media monkey. but i still use its own skin. makes it look just that bit more "different"

relequestual:
We have now upgraded and moved the site to www.appaholic.co.uk
please can you update the few links around the site someone?
cheers
very happy!

muntealb:
Your site is an eye killer. Black background and white/grey fonts is not a good choice. Maybe if you will use a single color for the fonts of the articles (not two as it is right now) that would work. But if you will choose a white or grey or beige background you could use more colors for the fonts.

relequestual:
Thanks for the comment on the colour.
Its more of a hobby for myself, and if others like it, thats grate for me. If some dont, oh well.
I spent forever editing that theme and my friend spent an age on the logo. I like the black and white, so its here to stay.

Even if i did want to change it, i have next to no time to actually get a new theme laid out. May I could work on a solution that would enable users to switch somehow. Seen it on websites before. Im thinking of www.imilly.com in the top right hand corner. I dont have the time right now to work it out anyway.

Thanks though, ill keep it in mind

muntealb:
Well, hobby or not, a site must not strain the eyes, otherwise it will lose the visitors. You use Wordpress, maybe you can find a theme that has colors more relaxing for the eyes. Check this blog ( http://www.andreeam.net/ ), it uses also Wordpress and in my opinion it has very nice and relaxing colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version