ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appaholic - Another nice freeware review page

<< < (3/6) > >>

relequestual:
teracopy is mazin! love it!

suleika:
Screen shot... PUKE! Old Win2K screen shots look like crap.
-Renegade (September 18, 2007, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I feel rather embarrassed suddenly.  That could have been a screenshot from my machine.  I always hated the soft-look WinXP icons, so I've been using "Windows Classic Style" for years. 

You've got me interested in skins and styling now....

mouser:
suleika, I use windows classic style and have no intention of changing to any skinned theme.  Don't be ashamed to be classic :)

plutchok -- your site looks very nice and worth letting our readers know about  :up:

Renegade:
Screen shot... PUKE! Old Win2K screen shots look like crap.
-Renegade (September 18, 2007, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I feel rather embarrassed suddenly.  That could have been a screenshot from my machine.  I always hated the soft-look WinXP icons, so I've been using "Windows Classic Style" for years. 

You've got me interested in skins and styling now....

-suleika (October 06, 2007, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to use the Classic look for a long time, but really, for screen shots, they need to have a bit more appeal. It's got nothing to do with personal preferences and everything to do with making things 'sexy' for potential downloaders/customers. It's a marketing thing.

The Classic look is just dated now, and you either need to use the full XP theme, another theme like Royale (used at Softpedia), or the new Vista look (Aero or otherwise).

Grorgy:
From a user point of view to, its nice to see something being used on a skinned system.  Its frustrating for those of us who do like themes to find programs that ignore it or dont allow the theme to work, or worst of all, wont work with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version