ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Appaholic - Another nice freeware review page

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
One of the members of our forum has posted a reply where he mentioned his freeware review site, and i thought it was worth it's own post.  No, not because today's review is about one of my programs, just because it looks like a great site well worth a regular visit.

http://appaholic.wordpress.com/

Renegade:
One very good thing to see there...

So I'm scrolling down the page and get to this interesing app - WinDirStat. Tells where your disk space is. Nifty. Let's have a closeup of the screen shot...

WICKED! Looks very cool — Has a wxWidgets / Mac feel to it. Ok - Let's hit the product site...

Screen shot... PUKE! Old Win2K screen shots look like crap.

Lesson - he's actually installed the apps there and probably has some skinning or theme software running. In any event - HE'S USED the software. So many sites or people recommend software without ever using it, which I see as pretty irresponsible.  Good to see someone that gets into it rather than reading a feature list and spitting that back out. (That's the really good thing - it's rare.)

relequestual:
im smiling on the inside. thanks ppl!
yes, i use styleXP, I do say on the sidebar that there are no mac reviews, and explain the fact im using a skinning app on XP.
I need to make it more clear possibly, but im limited to wordpress.com for now

any ideas?

and yes, i download and try out all the apps i use. i wouldnt review them if i didnt personally like them and use them!

empyrean:
Excellent work, relequestual!  Thanks very much.  Several interesting finds just on the first page.  I'm baffled by the detractors; if you don't see the use for something, pass on by; no need to trash people.  One guy seemed to entirely miss the point that you were talking about Free software.

Darwin:
relequestual - great site and welcome to DonationCoder  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version