ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Prelude to request for help for distributed pc cycles help from dc community

<< < (3/7) > >>

KenR:
I can pull an unused laptop out of the closet for you and set it up on mine as well.

Ken

Lashiec:
You have my helping hand as well. It's a pity you are releasing the client so late, because next week I could have the computer on almost 24/7 (minus my sleeping time). But I think I can talk with my friends for helping, if they get into pyramidal scams so easily, I can trick them to do something valuable for a change, while they try to bring down intellectual properties organizations, and most of them have the computer(s) always on.

Didn't you consider GPU clients? I understand the the number crunching power of a graphic card is far greater than the one of a CPU. And if someone has a PlayStation 3, it would be even better. Also, another thing that you could do is trying to talk with some Folding team, like The Tech Report one, those guys have full offices running the client nonstop, so they could bring great time savings.

EDIT: D'oh! What a typo! :-[

nudone:
i'm having computer technical issues at the moment but if the computer is running when you are ready then count me in.

Laughing Man:
I should be able to run it on my desktop relatively full time (if I decide to switch between Ubuntu and XP) or I have to restart. Dunno if it'll go through Maryland's servers correctly though.

Deozaan:
I have at least 2 pcs that can help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version