ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Office 2007 Ultimate for $59.99 (if you're a student)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darwin:
Eóin, as far as I can tell, this is an online offer - you download the trial and purchase a key to unlock it, which makes it even more bizarre in my books.

Armando, like you and Eóin, I am still using Office 2003. There isn't really any compelling reason that I can think of to upgrade. I am tempted by the offer but I am technically a student in the UK - so UK prices. I have a valid Canadian college e-mail address but I'm an instructor, not a student - if them came after me looking for proof I'd be up the creek either way as my student card for the UK is expired and I'll have to fly over there to renew it. Cheaper to just buy Office! So, I suspect that I *could* make this work and take advantage of it, but I'm not sure I can see the point. I have Office 2003 Pro so am pretty much set. I am unaware of any compelling reason to upgrade. Can anyone chime in here and suggest a reason to upgrade?

edbro:
For those of us in the US military, you can get Office 2007 for $20. Just call your admin folks and ask about the MS Home User program.

Having said all that, I like the 2003 interface better than the new ribbon. I'm using 2007 but I have an add-in that brings back the old toolbars as a tab in the new ribbon.

Armando:
I have an add-in that brings back the old toolbars as a tab in the new ribbon.
-edbro (September 15, 2007, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Should call it a "subtract-out"...

Armando:
thanks Darwin

Can anyone chime in here and suggest a reason to upgrade?
-Darwin (September 15, 2007, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D (Don't try to find good reasons to install yet something else...)
But... I'd be interested too.  :)

Josh:
For those in the US Military, go to https://ascp.monmouth.army.mil/scp/software/hup.jsp and login with your AKO account. Full details are there. You can get Office 2003/2007 and other associated office apps for $20 each (Visio, Project, etc).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version