--> URL snooper doesn't work properly on my diualup connection. It does load, and dls the page, but all it sniffs is a js file and not the wmv/asf (even when its actually playing)
That may be but I tried it out on three different computers this week that used a dial-up connection and they all worked fine.
--> Strix's url finder gives the links improperly. It recognizes the vid as "Backstreet Boys - The One", but the link that it provides is for some other vid.
--> strix's advert remover service doesnt work properly. The asx files that it generates are misleading, and point to non-existent wmvs
I tried everything at Strix site and had no problems. The stream URL's it returned work just fine for me, and the ad remover links worked as well. You just need to find the temporary ASX redirector in the source code of those links or directly from the player Properties. Also not a problem.
--> the view-source: protocol method doesnt work, because there is not a single reference to the asx file in the source.
The method does work. It takes about 30 seconds if you know what you are doing.