One of the reason, obviously, is the fact of being long time TC user (10 years?), second is - lack of features I need like:
- custom columns - XY has 12, Windows Explorer 41, TC hundreds; I can switch between saved list view configurations any way I like,
- previews and thumbnails for lot more filetypes than standard explorer can handle; I admit TC has WLX plugins (MultiLister is the best here) but it can also call XnView or IrfanView via WM messages to get data from them,
- no freezes on large directories - if directory contains dozen of executables XY freezes (I have antivirus exclusions for it already), if there are non-standard (i.e. PDFs) thumbs… freezes again; can't it load thumbs/icons in background and cache them?
- TC can browse inside archives while XY calls WinRAR; couldn't it support ZIP and RAR at least?
- and if I click on thumbnail it would be nice to have it selected, not only the file name which gets unseen between dozen of thumbs.
Something in plus: mini tree view is just awesome and it would be even better to have it implemented with list properties like these:
Another idea: more Excel-like features for files list and you have a winner.