|App Name||Little Setup Builder|
|App Version Reviewed||1.5|
|Test System Specs||Specs of the test system here done in a quote block|
|Supported OSes||All Versions of MS Windows|
|Support Methods||E-Mail (see bottom of page for E-Mail Link)|
|Pricing Scheme||Freeware $0.00|
|Reviewer Donation Link||Donate to dhuser, the Review Author|
|Relationship btwn. Reviewer and Product|| None|
Little Setup Builder (hereon LSB) is a free program to create installers for software and any other computer product. It features:
From LSB Site, Listing Features:
- Multi-Language Installers
- Easy Customization of Text/Images/Features
- The Ability To Create a Complex Installer, in a easy-to-use interface
- Choose Groups and Categories for Files
- Create Shortcuts
- Ability to Customize Different Installer Types (Regular/Minimum/Custom/Etc...)
- Add to Add/Remove Programs
- Checks for Overwrites and Updates (Previous Versions of Your Product) before Installing
- Check Windows Version
- Windows' version check.
- A new 'Conditions' property allows further installation filters.
- The files can be installed after reboot if in use by Windows.
- Two pages have been added to the installer form.
- A new 'Wait' property lets you specify when the setup must wait for an execution end.
- A new list of temporary files allows temporary installations and presentations.
- You can now specify the character set to use with any language.
- The IDE of LSB has its own character set definition.
- The text import routines have new options for partial loadings.
- The variables are now grouped on the basis of their scope.
- A new 'Custom variables' window lets you define your own variables.
- The variable delimiters can be changed.
- A 'Notes' window lets you save your comments about.
- A new 'Info-window' lets you inspect the setup state while it is running.
- The output program can now be uncompressed.
- The wizard form has a 'stay on top' option.
- Added a 'private shared' uninstallation list.
- The 'Full rollback' options allows the restoring of all the replaced file.
- Added new dialogs to the installer for handling installation errors.
- A new dialog is available for asking the user about installation confirm.
- Added new dialogs to the uninstaller for handling removal errors.
SCREENSHOT OF APP INTERFACE HERE
[attachthumb=3] Who is this app designed for:
- Software Developers
- New Users Wanting to Distrubite Their Products.The Good
- Good program, easy to use
- Many Features
- Different Languages
- Installer Project Samples Given w/ ProgramThe needs improvement section
- I found that when I inserted an image into the installer (on the left side), I could not remove it from the dialog box.Why I think you should use this product
LSB is one of the best installer tools I have found... Used it many times to package softwareHow does it compare to similar apps
It contains most of the features any software develper would want from a product.Generates EXE files.Conclusions
LSB is a great tool, and along with other products, it works well. Links to other reviews of this applicationhttp://www.download.com/L...4-8585810.html?tag=tab_ur