Apologies in advance as I know there are numerous topics that contain pieces of information about this subject. My problem is too much information, not too little. I wonder if some of you can help me to cut through the clutter.
My wife is an artist who needs a web site on which to display her work.
She is wilfully computer illiterate.
She has a web site that I put together. It's (I'm) just not good enough.
I need to set up (or have set up for me) something that allows the very easiest point and drag method
for her to:
- Add pages, and add images to those pages
- Replace existing items on pages
- Label items with appropriate titles and descriptions (probably multi-line text)
- Possibly re-arrange items on any given page.
- Have visitors move easily between pages.
- Have some method whereby thumbnails will enlarge for greater detail.
I can do this with the site that I created but my wife can't, so we're going to start again.
This has to be easy enough for a five-year-old to manage as I might be required to use it myself.
The task should be as easy as falling off a log but, no matter how hard I throw myself at the ground, I haven't reached it yet.
So, please, what's my best option?