I'd like a fast way to log a recurring event (that I am tracking) acutally happend. My thought is a Program or Firefox Custom Button that, when clicked, adds the date/time to a log file. Features that would be nice to have:
1. Works with or without the log file (text or html) open in a Tab
2. If log file can be html - record the selected event as an HTML table row.
3. Indicate the event was added by sound and/or message
The following enhancements would allow logging a few different recurring events...
3. Button includes a dropdown with entries based on my own text/vars (eg Event Description 1, 2, 3, etc)
4. Record the selected event as "Date/Time" plus "Event Description"
5. Default button opens the html/text file
I'd like a fast way to log a recurring event. My thought is a tray icon that, when clicked, adds the date/time to a log file. My use of this app would be 2 record when something (that I am tracking) acutally happend. Features that would be nice to have:
1. Indicate the onclick event by sound.
2. Ability to assign a name to the mouseover popup
3. Ability to assign my own (tray) icon
4. Tiny memory footprint
If there are alternative ways to do this pls let me know... I don't use AutoHotKey so that is not an option for me. I'm on XP Pro. I use Firefox 2 - maybe a bookmarklet/extension could write the time to a txt file? I'll post a question about this option at www.custombuttons2.com