TopicScape is cool, but graphics intensive and cumbersome.
I've been looking at Surfulator and used the DC discount to buy it. It's great for organizing larger pieces of information, but not so good for tiny snippets.
I've never found one I really felt comfortable with. I'm going to try some of the recommendations here.
What I really want is an information manager:
- that is always available, discreet, but pops up when I need it
- that I can drag and drop URLs, images, text, etc, into when I want to make quick note of something,
- that is easy to organize
- that allows me to format entries in any way I like
- that can cross-reference or cross-link items into multiple topics
- that is quickly searchable
- that can link topics to programs and files
- that is easily navigated
- etc, etc, etc.
Don't want much, do I?