I have to wait until August to make my 10 year post.... I can wait.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
As much as I appreciate the sentiment, I don't think I have much to do with this being a nice place to hang out -- things just happened and we are stuck with each other.. I feel lucky that so many interesting characters have decided to call this place their home.-mouser (May 18, 2013, 11:22 AM)
I haven't felt like i've lived up to DC lately -- that I haven't progressed in improving the site to a new content management system and that there are still some very rough edges on the site -- i will try to do better as we move forward.-mouser (May 18, 2013, 11:22 AM)
I guess the kind of thing i was interested in is more internal structural decisions like:
- How is the plugin/extension system designed?
- How is the installation system designed?
- How are users, and more importantly GROUPS of users represented in the database?
- How is the permission system handled?
- How is upgrading handled?
- How are hooks and events handled?
- How is translation handled?
- How is logging handled?
- How is security handled and what kinds of options exist for monitoring and dealing with problems?
- What kind of support for versioning exists?
- What kind of choices were made about what to build into core vs. what to write as extensions?-mouser (February 18, 2013, 10:41 PM)