Facebook has so many privacy\security options that it's hard to know what vulnerabilities might be lingering undetected. It would be great if there were an app that would scan the Facebook settings and advise on adjustments according to a selected level of security and privacy from a predefined set of levels provided by the app which are explained in a clear, newbie-user-freindly manner.
This may be well beyond the scope of a "snack," but just in case it's more easily do-able than I'd guess, I offer the idea here. forgive me if I ask too much.
I envision a list with check boxes that describe the desired level of security\privacy. some examples might be:
- I want as many people as possible to see my wall
- I want only my friends and family to see my wall
- I want my posts to my wall to only appear on my wall
- I'm not interested in having friends of friends discovering me or my posts
- Anyone can see my photos but no one should be able to tag them
- I want to be notified if someone tries to share a post of mine before it is shared
From the checked items the app should be able to check my settings to see is they match my indicated preference and advise how to make or automatically make the necessary changes to comply with the checklist wishes. Hot links for key word to glossery or pop-up definition would be helpful ("share a post" or "tag" or Wall" etc.)