I used ActivePresenter
for several years, and I think it's the best free screen recording solution. But comparing its high quality, there're only so few people know it. So I'd like to write something for it.
For those who have researched a lot in free screen recording solutions, these are some candidates:
- WebEx recorder: small, easy to use, good for long time recording. hard to edit and publish.
- Camstudio: classic, open source, large video size, not updated for a few years.
- Wink: it's good for flash (.swf), but not for now days "video". not updated for a few years
- FlashBack Express
: most people think it's the winner -- until they get to know ActivePresenter ActivePresenter is a recorder, so it can:
- capture area, window, full screen, fixed size(some predefined size)
+ use predifined and DIY profile: mouse, click, input, video, fps, audio , hotkey...
+ change screen resolution in APBut it's more than a recorder, you can even use it as an audio video edtiro:
- add recordings into project
- also import image\ video\ office documents into project
- split/ cut video
- add annotation: shape, text, highlight, spotlight. and for each element, you can set the fore and background color, fonts, size, time span, fade in/out ...
- recording while edit
- automatic audio via Text to Speech engineFor publish, AP can export to:
- Video (MP4, FLV, AVI, WMV, WebM, MKV)
- Images (PNG, JPEG)
- pro versions can also export to HTML, interactive Flash and HTML5 simulation, or other document formats (PDF, DOCX, PPTX, XLSX).
for more information
If someone are interested in the Pro version -- I think the free edition is enough -- I can help to get discount