ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Level - Copy files from various sources into one flat folder

(1/2) > >>

justice:
babbleInspired by this forum I have been getting to grips with AutoHotkey and my first product is a utility I wrote for my work here at Angus College to collect all the student/staff portraits in one central folder for use in our staff directory. We have 11 different folders across the network, and I was not sure where new pictures were added to, but always needed the latest updates to be available on the intranet. Anyway, I am sure it will be of some use to someone (and I am quite proud of it  :-[)

Levelcopies files from multiple sources into a flat folder. It can be invoked from the commandline. For every source you can specify a file filter, and currently therre are switches to include/exclude subfolders, whether or not you want to overwrite all files that already exist or only older ones. You can have unlimited sources (afaik) When you start it from explorer you see this:
I can imagine that it would be handy to use to consolidate all your music from different pcs into one folder.

It requires cat.exe from UnxUtils because AutoHotkey doesn't allow you to send the output directly to the commandline. So if you want any output then put |cat at the end of a command. Instead you can also pipe it to a textfile.

for example:

--- ---level -oo -s c:\temp\1\*.* c:\temp\2\*.* d:\temp\output |catThis would copy all never files from 2 sources on the c-drive into one destination folder in the d-drive, including subdirectories. However the output folder won't have any subdirectories (it's flat -- so if you have duplicate files, the newest version is always available)

Feel free to use it in any way or if you have suggestions they are welcome too.

Download Page

PlayPhil:
Very nice util Justice. Ran a simple test, works as advertised, can't beat that :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the Unix/Win32 utils. Couldn't download from the site mentioned but Google quickly found a mirror in Germany where I could (seems to happen from time to time).

I'm thinking of writing a similar routine that would parse a tree & copy (or move) image files of a size, say 1024x768 into a flat folder, perhaps putting dups (1 of, in the case of several) in a subfolder in the case of moving.

Thanks for the outline  :Thmbsup:

xcopy:
This thread might be 2 years old but let me say anyway: level rocks!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
Thanks a lot justice!

justice:
Thanks xcopy much appreciated :) I still read it haha :) Maybe it's interesting to show how I use it:
At work I use a slightly different version (with progressbar and visual display of the last copied image) to copy a bunch of staff/student images from many different folders into the one folder so that they can be easily referenced from webpages. Ah it seems I said that in the babble.

justice:
If you want to play with the latest source, you can now fork from Bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/svandragt/level

I'll keep posting executable releases in this topic when they're available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version