ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: app to rotate multi-page images

(1/9) > >>

deano:
I often get faxes via email and these are always upside down.  Don't ask why.  I've tried and failed to find an application that will load up the TIFF file (for that is what it is), rotate each page by 180 degrees and then save it to jpg or pdf.  I want to upload the modified file to my project site where we keep all related messages and files in one place.

I'm literally tearing my hair out on this one.  Most apps will allows to rotate and save ONE page but the rest are never changed.

I am learning C# so if no one can help I will learn how to make a nice simple app (and presumably make millions because I can't be the only person who wants to rotate multi-page documents).

I see the application as having
* a button to browse to the file.  
* Then a rotate left, right and 180 degrees button.  
* A preview of the image
* A button to specify the output location.
* OK and Cancel buttons.

Any takers?  :-*

ewemoa:
Perhaps the following doesn't work so well for you, but have you considered the batch operations in IrfanView?

The following outline is for version 4.25.

Menu ->
  File ->
    Batch Conversion / Rename

* Press Advanced button
* Select from among Vertical flip, Rotate left, Rotate right, etc.
Also possible via its thumbnail window:

Menu ->
  File ->
    Thumbnails ->

* Select multiple images
* Right click and choose "Start batch dialog with files"
* Continue as described previously

deano:
Many thanks, it's a good idea but the problem with Irfanview is that it only does the current page you're on.  I think batching works on several files but it doesn't handle a multi-page tiff.

Perhaps the following doesn't work so well for you, but have you considered the batch operations in IrfanView?

The following outline is for version 4.25.

Menu ->
  File ->
    Batch Conversion / Rename

* Press Advanced button
* Select from among Vertical flip, Rotate left, Rotate right, etc.
Also possible via its thumbnail window:

Menu ->
  File ->
    Thumbnails ->

* Select multiple images
* Right click and choose "Start batch dialog with files"
* Continue as described previously-ewemoa (June 29, 2010, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
Sorry -- I failed to understand your original post accurately :)  However...

...but the problem with Irfanview is that it only does the current page you're on.  I think batching works on several files but it doesn't handle a multi-page tiff.-deano (June 29, 2010, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was looking at the "Set for all images" dialog (what comes up after pressing the Advanced button), and I noticed a check box with the label "Apply changes to all pages (if TIF saving)".

DONE: app to rotate multi-page images

Does that not help in this situation?

deano:
Afraid not!  :(

I've had a good go with Irfanview and was amazed, given the millions of options and buttons, that it won't do what I want.

Sorry -- I failed to understand your original post accurately :)  However...

...but the problem with Irfanview is that it only does the current page you're on.  I think batching works on several files but it doesn't handle a multi-page tiff.-deano (June 29, 2010, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was looking at the "Set for all images" dialog (what comes up after pressing the Advanced button), and I noticed a check box with the label "Apply changes to all pages (if TIF saving)".
 (see attachment in previous post)
Does that not help in this situation?
-ewemoa (June 29, 2010, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version